May 26th, 2020 Update
RE: THE 2020 CAMPING SEASON
Due to the Covid-19 virus pandemic, many things in our world are changing. Wilderness Village is allowed to remain open at this time with the condition that we follow the rules imposed by the Alberta Government. Here’s our *updated* plan.
- *NEW as of May 22* We will be reopening the comfort stations (The washrooms, showering, and laundry facilities) on June 1!
- *NEW as of May 22* The playground is reopening effective May 25, you still must maintain a 6 foot distance from other families/children. Sanitize hands before and after playing on the equipment, avoid touching your face. Use at your own risk.
- *NEW as of May 26* The fire ban has been lifted! You can now have wood burning fires in the firepits.
- *NEW as of May 26* The Trail rides officially open June 15, and the Zoo (No longer “Petting Zoo”) will open on July 1.
- The BMX track is now open but you must follow the 6 foot distancing rules.
- Our pools and hot tubs are required to be closed until further notice. There are programs and activities usually offered here that may not be permitted, at least for the time being. This season it looks as though we may not be able to have our Pancake Breakfasts, Recreational Programs, Bingos, the Arcade, the farmers markets, the Sylvester Carnival or Pub Nights due to restrictions on groups and rules pertaining to physical distancing. If these rules and restrictions should change, we will make every effort to restore these activities. Be mindful to physically distance yourself from others and adhere to all recommended precautions. No gatherings over 50 people are allowed BUT you must still maintain a distance of 6 feet from other families. This includes children from other families.
- All cabins will remain operational for the summer with increased sanitation as per AHS recommendations.
- Our staff may have to place limits on the numbers of certain services provided such as towing and honey wagon services.
- Access to the office, and the store and concession will remain open but limited numbers will be allowed inside at one time.
- As a result of the restrictions put in place during the Covid pandemic, we are reducing our daily RV camping and cabin rental fees as follows:
- For Cabin reservations between June 15-September 14: We are reducing the daily rate by $20.00 + tax per night so long as we have the pools and hot tubs closed. If by the time you arrive- we resume usage of our pools and hot tubs, then the normal rates would apply.
- For Public Site reservations between June 1-Fall 2020: We are reducing the daily rate by $20.00 + tax per night so long as we have the pools and hot tubs closed. If by the time you arrive- we resume usage of our pools and hot tubs, then the normal rates would apply.
- For Public Site reservations from May 22-May 31: The normal discounted rate applies.
- For Cabin reservations before June 15: Normal shoulder season rates apply.
- Member Guest sharing: Normal guest sharing rates apply
- Please do not come here if you are feeling unwell, we reserve the right to turn away campers exhibiting symptoms and they will be asked to leave.
THE TOWN OF ROCKY MOUNTAIN HOUSE- You may have heard on the news that small Towns are concerned about a huge influx of tourists to their area and the potential risk to their health during the Covid pandemic. Usually small towns are eager for outside business but under the present circumstances, visitors to this area should shop in their place of origin prior to coming here and avoid going to Town as much as possible, except for emergencies.
We have posted signs throughout the campground to remind campers about physical distancing and rules of hygiene that have been issued by the Alberta Government. We urge all campers to adhere to these rules so that we do not jeopardize our ability to remain open. Do not enter areas where our employees work such as the maintenance and housekeeping areas and keep your distance from our staff when they are out in the campground. The office will be accessible of course, however there are limitations on the number of people entering the area which are posted. Please watch for signage indicating office hours which may change somewhat this season. AHS Inspectors will most likely be inspecting our campground looking for serious violations. If we come across significant non-compliance of AHS recommendations, we will take the appropriate actions. All campers will need to make wise decisions in this regard in order to not jeopardize our ability to remain open. We should be able to expect absolute compliance without having to remind people about what is proper behavior during this time.
If you have bookings for this summer, we urge you to hold onto your current reservations in the hopes that things will change, but also keep in mind your cancellation policy. For any bookings from now until June 14, the cancellation policy is 14 days. For any bookings June 15-September 14, the cancellation policy is 30 days.
We want to keep everyone at Wilderness Village safe. Most importantly, we ask everyone to be patient and understanding because there are better days ahead.
Ron Webster, Manager, Wilderness Village