ASSISTANT MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
The Assistant Maintenance Supervisor (AMS) is a full time, year-round position at Wilderness Village RV Resort, near Rocky Mountain House, AB. The AMS is responsible for the ongoing day to day maintenance and repair duties of all buildings, grounds, equipment, electrical and mechanical systems of the resort. This position reports to the Maintenance Supervisor and Resort Management Team, while working alongside other maintenance and interdepartmental personnel, contributing to the continued successful operation and maintenance of the Resort. Candidates are required to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a maintenance role, as well as supervisory and leadership skills. Candidate must be in good physical condition and able to lift 50 lbs. Mechanical aptitude, problem solving, troubleshooting and plan development are also required. Trades experience, small motor mechanical experience and/or knowledge of swimming pool and building boiler systems would be considered an asset. Must be willing to take courses and certifications as required; complete orientation and training will be provided. Must be local to Rocky Mountain House.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Daily inspections and maintenance of mechanical systems, grounds and buildings
- Water conditioning, maintenance, and repairs of pools and hot tubs.
- Troubleshoot and solve problems in a variety of areas
- Simple inventory management and procurement
- Preventative, corrective and predictive maintenance of grounds and assets
- Ensure that preventative maintenance programs are executed in accordance with budgets, maintenance plans, schedules and standards on all equipment, buildings and vehicles
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment
- Consultation and cooperation with outside service contractors.
- Assist with scheduling and supervision of seasonal employees.
- On-call time during peak season (June-August)
- Completion of maintenance reports, inventory counts and updates for Management
- Computer skills required - use of work order and scheduling system FMX (training will be provided) and Microsoft word, excel and outlook
- Planning and implementation of 5 year maintenance and infrastructure goals
- Good interpersonal skills - Working with other department staff, Resort Members and customers
- Fuel filling systems (propane, gasoline and diesel)
- Miscellaneous maintenance and capital improvement projects.
- Operation of snow removal equipment, skid steers, and tractors.
Wage is dependent on the candidate’s experience, qualifications and references, with opportunity to advance. Required courses and certifications will be provided by Wilderness Village. Competitive wages and health benefits provided.
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
Principal Contact: Crystal Ketchum, Assistant Manager